Duties of the Public Authority.: The Duties of the public Authority (Deptt) is to formulate Policies and Programmes and in this connection co-ordinate, supervise and monitor their implementation towards realization of the stated objectives.
List of services being provided by the Public Authority with a brief up on them.
- To serve as an auxiliary to the police and assist in maintaining internal security.
- Assist the community in any kind of emergency in air raid fire, flood,epidemic and so on.
- Organise functional units to provide essential services such as motor transport, pioneer and engineer groups , fire brigades , nursing and first aid operation of water and power supply in installation etc
- Promote communal harmony and give assistance to the administrator in protecting weaker sections of the society .
- Participate in socio Economic and welfare activities such as adult education , health and hygiene development.
- To train volunteers on Civil defence Subjects like first aid, disaster warden services, communication , flood, fire fighting, rescue, etc.
- To air raid precautions like evacuation shelter , Blackout etc.
- To organise as an integral part of the defence of the country
- Civil defence arrangements in selected places and vital installations.
- Civil Defence is primarily on a voluntary basis